Give us Today our Daily Poison
These days it seems like there are dangers everywhere. We are constantly warned of all the harms of all the things we do. You can’t drink the tap water or take a shower because there are heavy metals and chemicals in the city water. You can’t use your Teflon pots and pans or aluminum foil because of the toxins. You can’t use bleach or Lysol. Fragrant candles are bad. Grilling your meat causes AGEs, which lead to cancer. Plastic food containers lead to Alzheimer’s. Eating cooked carrots and broccoli is not good. They must be raw! And if none of those things kill you, then the EMFs from your Wi-Fi, microwave, and cell phone will. With all the warnings and dangers out there it’s easy to throw our hands up and say, “Forget it! Being healthy is too hard.” While it is essential to look at every aspect of health and recognize that there are hidden dangers everywhere in our world, there are a few common denominators that are at the root of ALL sickness, pain, and disease. One poison in particular is robbing you of your health and happiness.
What if I told you that there was a poison that was slowly killing you and your children? This poison is purposely being hidden in nearly everything you eat and drink everyday. It is one of the most addictive substances on earth. It’s marketed to you and your kids as a feel good substance that you run to for comfort and warmth. It’s ingrained in our holidays and traditions and it’s stealing your life and health. Over the past 120 years this poison has been researched more than any other known substance and the science has concluded that it is the cause of:
Cancer Heart Disease Diabetes Alzheimer’s/ Dementia
Obesity Loss of eyesight Allergies Food Sensitivities
Insomnia Stress/ Anxiety Asthma Ear Infections
Malnutrition Osteoporosis Arthritis Learning Disability
ADD/ ADHD Inflammation Cavities Autoimmune Disease
Chronic Pain Irritability Brain Fog Subluxation
Would you be willing to give it to your children? Even just a little bit of it? What if they really liked it and really wanted it? Just a little couldn’t hurt, right? Would you give it as a special reward? Seems odd to poison someone as a treat. But that’s exactly what we do every day…
If you haven’t guessed it yet, sugar is that poison. We all know that sugar is bad. It’s like smoking cigarettes. We don’t need any more convincing! The reports are in, the science is settled. But just like the smoker who reads the label that plainly states “smoking cigarettes causes cancer and death,’” yet they smoke a pack a day, here we sit knowing that sugar is killing us yet we indulge anyway. It makes me wonder why? Why would we openly do something we know is costing us years of our lives, our health and happiness, and then willingly feed the same poison to our kids? The old “a little won’t hurt ‘em” mentality is dead. Even a tablespoon of sugar crashes your immune system by 75%. More than 2 tablespoons of sugar in your bloodstream will put a grown man into a coma. Your body must fight and fight hard to process the excess sugar we pour in everyday, which is why over time our bodies wear out and cannot fight anymore! It’s time to rethink things.
This season is commonly called the “Cold and Flu season”, but in reality it’s the Stress and Sugar season. More stress and more sugar over the holidays makes us and our kids more vulnerable to sickness and disease. This year, let’s take back control of our health, remove the sugar, and live lives full of energy and vitality instead of sickness, pain, and disease.
In Health and Faith,